Associate DirectorKathy Day is the Associate Director, of Institutional Accounting, Reporting and Analysis at West Virginia University. She is a licensed Certified Public Accountant and a Chartered Global Management Accountant. She also has a Master of Professional Accountancy degree from WVU and a Bachelor of Science degree, with a major in Accounting, from Fairmont State College. She has over 25 years of experience in public higher education. Her higher education experience has primarily been in the areas of financial accounting and reporting and system implementation and development.
What we do
- Maintain the chart of accounts for the University
- Maintain the MAP General Ledger
- Prepare interim and annual audited financial statements for WVU, WVU Research Corporation and WVU at Parkersburg (WVUP)
- Manage the University’s, the Research Corporation’s and WVUP’s annual financial statement audit
- Provide accounting for construction projects, equipment and other capital transactions
- Provide technical accounting resources and decision support to the EBOs, central and senior administration and regional campuses